Sunday 27 January 2013

Birdwatching

This weekend was the RSPB's annual garden birdwatch event.

Essentially you make a cup of tea, sit at your cosiest window and watch the birds that come and use your garden. You write down how many birds of one type are in the garden at one time, then submit the highest figure.

Aspen and Alexa helped check my counting.
"Well, she's got a pterodactyl on here... that can't be right... can it?"


And Aspen did the uploading.

"Yep... click that one... No... over there..."

Here's my list from this year:
1 Long Tailed Tit
5 Blue Tits
1 Greenfinch
3 Great Tits
1 Fat (wood) Pigeon
1 Starling
2 Blackbirds
2 Robins
22 House Sparrows
3 Dunnocks
4 Chaffinches
1 Coal Tit
3 Stupid (Collared) Doves
1 Magpie
1 Song Thrush
3 Goldfinches
1 Bagpuss
 Not bad for an hour!


2 comments:

  1. Omg. I can't believe I missed it all! Had the form on my table, sent the kids magazine to my friends neice & nephew in time. Even had the binoculars ready! And ironically, guess who's to blame? 'Birdy'! (Or her hair at least). Well done though. Your photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, typical :)
    One of my girls has been diassembled (slightly traumatic for all involved) and is getting an entirely new look. Doubt she'll be as cool as Birdy though :)

    ReplyDelete