Friday 16 November 2012

Surgery, Jim. But not as we know it.

No, this has nothing to do with the Makies, who are officially impartial observers in this process.

Number 3, as she's being called around here, was always purchased with the intention of using her as a customisation guinea pig.

Last night, after a frustrating day of failed corsetry (more about *that* over the weekend), I decided it was time to get going on her.

Number 3 has lost her head
Number 3 has lost her head...
Taking apart was surprisingly simple, although I don't think I could've done it without the fantastic tutorials on Puchi Collective and this collection of surperb tutorial videos by an Aussie Blythe enthusiast.
Number 3 has lost her head
Removing the eye mech is the bloody scary bit!
Sand-matting is so therapeutic, I can see much more of this in my future.

There was a moment where I regretted using a factory Blythe for my first; a bit of low-quality eye mech plastic decided to break on me. Looking at the part, I think it's designed to be stationary, so I should be alright to superglue/epoxy/thread wrap it into place, but it was still an AAAARGH moment.
Number 3 has lost her head
Boggled, sand-matted, lips carved... nostrils need more work and we're going to do a little gaze lift, I think.
The eyelashes are staying as they are, they're swoopy and lovely. 
After the carving is done, we're on to the face-up... but first there's a little matter of Hogswatch to attend to... :)

And for the benefit of those of you who know me in person: I DIDN'T CUT MYSELF AT ALL, despite using craft knives and blades and other spiky sharp things. Woooyeah, GO hand-eye co-ordination. 


No comments:

Post a Comment