Sunday 18 November 2012

Sewing for Humans: Underpinnings

So, Hogswatch.

Essentially, twice a year, a load of fans of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books meet up in an unsuspecting little town in Somerset, book out all the hotels and have a jolly good time. A large proportion of us dress up 'specially for the occasion, and I'm quite fond of taking myself along and pretending to be an Igorina. Drinks are drank, money is raised for charity and occasionally, the man himself swoops in for a short visit.
Huh
Tools of the trade... note the boltcutters!
None of this is making any sense, right? Don't worry. After a few beers, none of us make sense.
Busy busy

The look tends to be sort of pseudo-Victorian with a bit of steam and a lot of odd. I decided this year I'd go for a underbust corset, blouse and long swoopy skirt for 'general' wear. The underbust is adjusted from my classic Victorian overbust corset pattern, appropriately sized for one of minimal height.
Busy busy

Of course, you need appropriate underpinnings...
Busy busy

And given we're meeting up at the end of November, layers are the order of the day!
Busy busy


2 comments:

  1. Omg that is stunning, I love the hooking clasps matching you makie steampunk look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen. I guess Plink is a bit of a mini-me in this one! Except I don't have wings... hehehe.

    ReplyDelete